Karen Miller, RN
- Chair, Operations Committee, National Kidney Registry
- Transplant Coordinator, University of Wisconsin-Madison
Karen Miller is the Chair of the NKR Operations Committee. She graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Nursing from the University of Wisconsin, Oshkosh. She started her career caring for kidney, kidney/pancreas and liver transplant recipients as well as kidney donors in the Inpatient Transplant Unit at the University of Wisconsin Hospital and Clinics. She became a kidney transplant coordinator in 2004 and managed pre- and post-kidney transplant recipient evaluations as well as kidney donor evaluations.
She then transitioned to University of Wisconsin’s desensitization program for kidney and kidney/pancreas transplant recipients. In 2010, UW joined the National Kidney Registry and Ms. Miller became the lead Paired Kidney Exchange Coordinator. UW completed their first paired exchange transplant on February 11, 2011.
Ms. Miller enjoys the daily challenges of paired kidney exchange. She feels that it is certainly a privilege to be part of something like the National Kidney Registry that is so unique. In terms of making a transplant happen, her motto is, “whatever it takes.”
Ms. Miller is based in Wisconsin with her husband and three sons. She enjoys reading, camping, traveling, and being with her family.
- Garet HilFounder and Chief Executive Officer
- Michael Cecka, PhDLab Director
- Matthew Cooper, MDSurgical Director
- David Serur, MDMedical Director
- Amy Waterman, PhDResearch Director
- Michael LolloChief Operating Officer
- Kevin NelsonChief Information Officer
- Joe SinacoreVice President, Network Development
- Samantha HilDirector of Marketing
- Larry McMahonDirector of Operations
- Matthew RoninDirector of Research & Technology
- Mark ZimmerDirector of Finance
- David ZhelezovManager, Operations
- Timothy Wan, Esq.Corporate Counsel